Sunday, October 16, 2011

Welcome to the MTC - Oct 11, 2011

Mom and Dad,
I only have thirty minutes to use email, so I'm going to try and use it wisely

I just found out about something called dearelder.com, where you can set up a free account and then you can "email" on that and it sends typed out letters to me! I hope you guys all use that... all the elders in my district have their families use it, so throughout the this first week they've been getting literally tons of letters while I got absolutely none.

We have no idea about what the pilot program is exactly, just that we were to report on October 5th. It's weird, even the zone leaders, teachers, and branch presidency don't know what's going on, but I know I'm only going to have five or six weeks in the MTC, (or "CCM" in Spanish).

By the way I've become pretty popular in my district; I'm the one with the most Spanish knowledge, I can sew, and I have all the medications and stuff that they asked us to bring haha... so the other elders have been coming to me for stuff.  I'm the "Spanish elder" in our district, meaning the other elders in my whole zone are even surprised at how much Spanish I know haha.

Michelle and Mila did not come with Jason because of  Michelle's back problems, so it it was just the two of us. We took tours of Temple Square, the Joseph Smith building, and the conference center. We didn't go to a hibachi but we found a Chinese restaurant that caused me to have to loosen my belt- they just kept bringing stuff out to us! We did do a session at the Salt Lake temple and it was amazing, but I still prefer the Nauvoo temple.
Later on we went to visit Aunt Hannah and Uncle Ross, and that was pretty fun to get to talk to them. Spencer told me that his friend, Elder Siniscalchi was going to be in the MTC at the same time as me, so I should look for him ... I didn't need to, he's in my district and my room haha (by the way- try pronouncing that name lol)

My companion, Elder Condie, can't carry a tune in a bucket and has a really hard time with the language, but he's got a great heart and he's an awesome example of a missionary. He was kind of a video-game guy before he came here, he played a lot of Gears of War, whatever that is. I've been appointed the senior companion for the first half of our time here.

I'm also a kind of "special" elder in my district because I'm one of the only two not from Utah. One elder  is from Canada and there's me. They kept asking me if I've seen "Sweet Home Alabama" haha.

We had a chance on Sunday to pick between a few movies to watch, so my district chose the "Joseph Smith: Prophet of the Restoration" and we thoroughly enjoyed it. My favorite part has to be when Joseph received the revelation about baptism for the dead for those who die without the knowledge of the gospel and how he was so joyful that his brother Alvin was not lost like his preacher told him.

Don't know if  I'll have time to email Miles, just let him know what I've told you.
That's about all I can come up with this time. I love you all!

Con mucho amor,
Elder Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment